What Are The Most Dangerous Intersections in Los Angeles?
It is no secret that Los Angeles is known for its terrible traffic. In fact, according to Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG), Los Angeles is the most congested city in the United States. They claim that on average drivers lose 104 hours of driving time stuck in traffic congestion. There are many great benefits of living in Los Angeles, but it is probably easy to agree that the traffic isn’t one of them. When driving in Los Angeles, it is important to be completely aware of your surroundings. Especially if you are driving near one of the most dangerous intersections in Los Angeles.
Most Dangerous Intersections in Los Angeles County
Upon reviewing data complied by Crosstown LA, a non-profit organization, it details some of the most dangerous intersections in Los Angeles. And according to their reports, confirmed by Los Angeles Police Department reports, San Fernando Valley is home the majority of the most dangerous intersections. Below is a list of the most dangerous intersections in Los Angeles, starting with the most dangerous.
1. Van Nuys: Sherman Way & Sepulveda Blvd.
2. Vermont Knolls: Manchester Ave. & Figueroa St.
3. Van Nuys: Burbank Blvd. & Sepulveda Blvd.
4. Panorama City: Van Nuys Blvd. & Roscoe Blvd.
5. Valley Glen: Victory Blvd. & Coldwater Canyon Ave.
6. Northridge: Tampa Ave. & Nordhoff St.
7. Van Nuys: Sherman Way & Woodman Ave.
8. Valley Glen: Sherman Way & Coldwater Canyon Ave.
9. Vermont Vista: Imperial Highway & Figueroa St.
10. Lake Balboa: Balboa Blvd. & Victory Blvd.
11. West Hills: Fallbrook Ave. & Victory Blvd.
12. Valley Glen: Sherman Way & Whitsett Ave.
13. Porter Ranch: Devonshire St. & Reseda Blvd.
14. Van Nuys: Sepulveda Blvd. & Victory Blvd.
15. Broadway- Manchester: Imperial Highway & Main St.
16. Van Nuys: Sherman Way & Kester Ave.
17. Panorama City: Van Nuys & Arminta St.
18. Winnetka: Saticoy St. & Winnetka Ave.
19. Van Nuys: Sepulveda Blvd. & Erwin St.
20. Northridge: Tampa St. & Plummer St.
Interestingly enough, 17 out of 20 of these intersections are located in the San Fernando Valley. Additionally, a third of all injury and fatality accidents in Los Angeles occurred within the San Fernando Valley area.
Using Caution While Driving at Intersections
Each day you drive through countless numbers of dangerous intersections without an accident. But, accidents at interactions account for almost 50% of all car accidents, according to the Federal Highway Administration.
Almost 97 percent of intersection car accidents are caused by human error. Distracted driving is the leading cause of intersection car accidents. In conclusion, nearly all intersection car accidents are completely avoidable. It all comes down to be prepared for driving at busy intersections and being completely aware of your surroundings.
Navigating Dangerous Intersections
Navigating dangerous intersections can be a daunting task for even the most experienced drivers. These intersections are typically characterized by high traffic volumes, confusing lane markings, and a lack of clear signage. However, with a little bit of knowledge and preparation , you can navigate these intersections safely and confidently.
Contact a Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in a Los Angeles car accident don’t hesitate to reach out to a highly rated Los Angeles car accident attorney. B|B Law Group is a group of experienced Los Angeles Car Accident Attorneys that can help ensure your legal rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
At B|B Law Group, our goal is simple: preserve and protect the legal rights of the people of Southern California. Our award winning team of attorneys are experienced in the fields of personal injury, employment and habitability law, and it is our mission to provide our clients with the best legal representation.
If we don’t win, you don’t pay
If your case isn’t successful, you have our guarantee that you won’t have to pay for anything. No hidden fees, costs or conditions — that’s our promise.
Do I have a case?
Contact us today with the details of your case.Contact us